• (08) 7070 2707
  • claims@adelaideinjury.lawyer

Practice Areas

Obtaining the best compensation for our injured clients since 1983.

Motor Vehicle Accidents

What can I do if I’ve been injured?

The South Australian CTP (Compulsory Third Party) scheme assists people injured by a motor vehicle – including motor bikes, buses, trucks, trams, or trains, regardless of whether the injured person is a driver, passenger, cyclist, or pedestrian; if there is negligence on the part of the other driver. Time limits apply in both notifying of and making a claim, so it is important to get the correct advice as soon as possible.

What needs to be proven?

In the first instance, Adelaide Injury Lawyer, will investigate whether your injury is as a result of the negligence of another party. The other party may include the driver of the vehicle you may have been a passenger in. There is no need for two vehicles to have been involved in the accident, so cover can extend to a passenger in a sole vehicle accident, or a cyclist or pedestrian hit by a vehicle. The situation might have been an unidentified hit and run, and cover will still function. Note that it is the insurance company that pays the compensation.

Insurers can and do contact injured people offering to settle on the insurer’s terms. We, in our experience, are generally able to negotiate more favourable terms. Insurance companies don’t tend to have your interests in heart. If you are approached in this way, we encourage you to speak to our expert traffic accident injury lawyer as soon as possible.

Choosing the right car accident injury lawyer

We have handled motor vehicle accident injury claims for over 30 years. If you want a lawyer you can depend on to fight for your rights and get the compensation you deserve, contact us. Please download our 12-point checklist on choosing your injury compensation lawyer.